BrowseAloud makes websites more accessible and reader-friendly to those who require online reading support. It works by reading web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice. The user simply hovers the mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
BrowseAloud 6 uses dual-colour highlighting which highlights the block of text in one colour and the spoken word in another to give a clear indication of what text is being read. The audio-visual reinforcement also improves word recognition and comprehension. Users simply hover their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
- Reads web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice (includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, form fields, alt tags)
- Reads secure web pages
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
- Converts text to MP3
Currently BrowseAloud can only convert and read content in English.
Chinese support will be added in the near future.